Thursday, November 4, 2010

More Crafts

Wow, who thought I would turn into a crafty person. I didn't. But here I am, alone on a Thursday night, being all crafty. I made the second lantern in my life (The first I created was in Kindergarten almost 20 years ago). On Thursday next week the Germans celebrate St. Martin's Day (a Catholic saint) where children walk through town carrying a lantern. Thinking Johanna would be so proud walking in big group of kids with a lighted lantern, I made one. A friend of mine got the material and we planned on being crafty on our play date. Well, the kids did not feel like letting us be crafty so we ended up not doing anything, leaving the work for tonight. Spending an hour with construction paper, transparent paper, scissors and glue, I managed to finish this beautiful piece of art:


































I'm pretty sure it will look pretty good, once it's lit up. I will take a picture to prove it! :)
Now it's time for bed! Until next time....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice! Was that the first one you made? =)