Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Recap - Engagement

So, it was on April 1st last year, that Jules proposed to me! :) What a day......

When I arrived at the Portland Airport after a tough weekend of racing, I had no clue what would happen later that evening. I was really exhausted, tired, sun-burned, and just wanted to go to bed. I also did not feel like changing into a nice skirt....but Jules begged me, so I changed quickly in the airport toilet....

I was waiting anxiously for my luggage, and finally I stepped outside where Jules was waiting with this sweet ride:

We drove to Jase and Jennie, Jules' oldest brother's house and there we had a nice family dinner. We had bread, cheese and meat, the German way and I felt very much at home. Still, I had no clue, about Jules's plan and neither did most of the family. Jennie was making jokes about being pregnant because it was April 1st.... :)! Judge, Jules' nephew (5 years old at the time) was still up and said that he wanted to give me flowers as well, so Jules went outside and pretended to help him! A few mintues later they came back, with a wonderful Swan vase with roses and the ring was hanging on the swan's tail....

However, I hadn't seen the ring, and I was really suprised that Jules got on his knee.....now I was totally overwhelmed. He proposed in German at the dinner table with all his family around, it was really special and personal, because nobody could understand what he was saying...I guess they got the idea of it though! :)

Then Jase took this last picture of the whole family and we had carrot cake with ice cream for dessert!!! It was a special day!!


No comments: