Saturday, March 22, 2008

2008 - so much has happenend!

Hlello Friends and Family!!

Sorry, for not updating this blog in quite some time. I apologize for that! :)
We have been so busy in the past few weeks, well I should say months, with moving back to Germany, vacation in the US, finding a new apartment in Saarbrücken, moving from Ulm to Saarbrücken and for me finding a job! But to fill you in with the details:

1. We moved back to Germany in the middle of December. After cleaning our apartment for more than 6 hours, we were finally told, that we had a done a good enough job. To be honest, Jules did most of the cleaning, and I don't understand why the landlord wasn't satisfied, Jules is such a good cleaner!!! Anyway, we had had a good christmas in Ulm with all of my family.

2. On December 28th we flew to Portland, Oregon and visited friends and family. Unfortunately I was sick for about a week, so we could't do too much. But we visited most family members and quite some friends, and we were happy being back in Oregon! :)

3. On January 18th we flew back to Germany and started immediately looking for an apartment in Saarbrücken. The phone bill was high for about 3 weeks, and after looking at about 20 apartments we found one over our church. It's pretty small, but we stacked it with some IKEA furniture and we like it now! :)

4. The last task was to find a job! Jules will be finishing his thesis, found a doctor he can work with. I applied for several job and took a job at a consulting firm, called IDS Scheer AG. The company is a company, and does IT consulting services and I work as a translator in their sales service consulting center and in their global solutions department. It's too early to say, whether I like or not, but we'll see!

Well, that's what happened in our lives and hopefully I have more time to update this blog from time to time! :)

We miss you all!

No comments: